The Dress Code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery,
decorations, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat
pants, knit pants/skirts, leggings, etc.
Face Coverings: Polk County Public Schools is no longer requiring students to wear face coverings.
Face coverings will be optional for students for the 2021-22 school year. Students who opt to wear
face coverings must comply with general dress code and school uniform requirements. Face coverings
should not have words or images that could be considered offensive.
Bottoms: Navy, Black or Khaki/Tan
- Shorts, Slacks, Skorts, Skirts, Skirted jumpers
- Must be plain, solid-color Twill, Corduroy or Denim fabric
- Students should not wear colored jeans or jeans with holes or frays in them.
- Shorts, skorts, and skirts must be mid-thigh or longer. Capri pants are permitted
- Belts must be worn with shorts, pants, or with any garment that has belt loops.
- Clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist.
- Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school.
Tops: White, Navy or Hunter Green with collar
- Shirts are to be tucked in at all times and all sleeves must be worn as designed (Not rolled up).
- Must have long or short sleeves
- Knit polo-type, Oxford or woven dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks
- School t-shirts are allowed (available through our school office)
- Tennis shoes or rubber-soled shoes should be worn with the uniform.
- Students must wear collared (white, navy blue, or hunter green) shirts or OJP T-shirts.
- No rolling backpacks or suitcases on campus.
POLK COUNTY WINTER DRESS CODE INFORMATION
Jackets, sweaters, coats, etc.
Hoodies must include a front zipper from top to bottom and be worn appropriately, with the hood
down at all times due to safety reasons.
Any kind of jacket/coat/cardigan is ok if it meets regular dress code rules:
- May not be disruptive, distracting, display offensive language/symbols, etc.
- School staff may ask students to remove jackets
Any pullover garment that is worn all day (sweater, sweater vest, and sweatshirt) should:
- Have a collar OR be worn with a collared uniform shirt or official school t-shirt underneath
- Must be solid white, solid navy or hunter green
No visible tattoos, real or fake, may be worn at school.
Hair: Sweatbands, curlers, picks, or other headgear such as hats, bandanas, scarves and
stockings are not permitted. Hair must not be distracting to the learning process.